Friday, October 15, 2010

The Oxford Life

I have never gotten up so early in my life: today, I went to archery practice at 7 AM in the morning. Gah. Except I'll keep going because archery is so awesome. It's really peaceful; all you have to do is pull the bow and release the arrow. Except I still can't pull it back all the way on the 26 pound bow. Maybe I'll try the 20 pound bow next time.

Anyways, I had my first official meeting with my tutor last night. It went fairly well, and I think she thought I was doing well. Except she told me that since I wasn't a medical student, she would expect more out of my work than theirs, and effectively doubled my assignment wowowow kthanks. Next time I'll just tell people I'm premed so I can get away with shoddy work jk.

Thursday was definitely the worst day I could've chosen to have my tutorial, though. I probably can't go to photo club because of it, even though the teacher is really cool. He used to work on advertisements for Guinness, and he said that the rules were really exacting: the foam on top had to be exactly 4 cm deep, and for one of the Christmas assignments, he had to take a picture of a pint against a Christmas tree with silver baubles, and each of the spheres had to clearly reflect the pint. And this was in the era of no photoshop. Sigh. Such a cool class. And they're doing silhouettes next week! Boo.

On the other hand, I'll probably join badminton club. I like how since I'm only taking 12 units, I do so much more extracurricular stuff here than at Stanford.

No comments:

Post a Comment