Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Horror of Harrods

Harrods is one of the largest, if not the largest, department stores in London. It carries everything, and it has a really famous food hall as well. Anyways, I went on Saturday when James was visiting in London, and all I wanted was just some candies or presents for my friends at home (England has nothing special...I find it ironic I'm buying more food/tea for friends than actual souvenirs). I get there, and there is literally a sea of people. I have to push and shove my way through, and when I got to the confectionary hall, I couldn't actually see what they were selling well because people were blocking my view everywhere. Now, I'm not a lover of shopping, but this made me want to just finish my job and get the hell out of there. Also, the interior of the mall was decorated in an Egyptian style, and on top of that, they had Christmas decorations. It was extremely overwhelming.


Packed. 

From the outside looking in, it doesn't feel like there are many people, but when you're part of the swarm, you feel like you're going to suffocate. Also, it was getting ridiculously warm inside.

One of the many ridiculously extravagant display windows.
I will say, though, that having passed through the women's formal wear section, it made me want to become very, very rich in the future. Sighhhh.

3 comments:

  1. From your dear little sister:

    About that last bit, dream on. :P Come home soon. We miss you. Also, Dad says the corporate party is canceled. Yay! This means you can just crash and sleep when you get back from the airport.
    Do not worry about the Baumkuchen. There is still one left. It's the bigger one, too. And my friends and I plan on making a New Year's Buche de Noel this year, so if you want some, I can probably get some of it back with me if it turns out well. I heard they're really hard to roll up, though. It's a recipe that uses raspberry preserves and white chocolate espresso cream. Sounds good to me.
    Also, still doing the cookie thing. But I don't really have to talk about that; you get back the weekend before. Does that mean you'll help?
    That reminds me, exciting news! Dad got us a KITCHENAIDDDDDDD. sdklfnskdfll;k He also got us a faulty fabric shaver; that was not so exciting. Also, I thought HP7 wasn't too bad. Too many Harry/Herm hints and really dragged otu storyline, then again, I didn't read the last two books.

    Love ya lots; good luck on getting your presentation done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets become rich together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE the richest person when your kid(s) get accepted by Stanford, under and/or graduate school.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete